Acceptable Use Policy
By using our services, you agree to comply with our policies. We expect you to have a basic knowledge of how the Internet functions, the types of uses that are generally acceptable, and the types of uses that are to be avoided. Common sense is the best guide as to what is considered acceptable use. The following are unacceptable uses: Illegality in any form, including but not limited to activities such as unauthorized distribution or copying of copyrighted software, harassment, fraud, drug dealing, and other illegal activities.
The provisions of this Policy are intended as guidelines and are not meant to be exhaustive. Generally, conduct that violates law, regulation, or the accepted norms of the Internet community, whether or not expressly mentioned in this Policy, is prohibited. Travail Systems reserves the right at all times to prohibit activities that damage its commercial reputation and goodwill.
Travail Systems services may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited.
System and Network Security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples include, but are not limited to the following: unauthorized access, use, probe, or scan of a systems security or authentication measures, data or traffic. Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. Travail Systems has a "zero tolerance" policy regarding Denial of Service Attacks. Travail Systems reserves the right to terminate any Hosting account or Dedicated or Managed Server or Co-Location account that has been the target of a Denial of Service or similar type attack.
No Travail Systems servers or networks may be used for:
- Email spamming
- IRC Hosting or Services of any kind
- Warez, Hackz or Serialz sites.
- Illegal content or activities
- Any other type of high packet load or disruptive network traffic
Ask before you attempt something questionable, it will save us all a lot of trouble.
Directly or indirectly transmitting or supporting the transmission of unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is expressly prohibited. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
Consequences of Violation
When Travail Systems becomes aware of an alleged violation of its Acceptable Use Policy, Travail Systems will initiate an investigation. During the investigation Travail Systems may restrict Customer's access in order to prevent further possible unauthorized activity. Depending on the severity of the violation, Travail Systems may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, or terminate Customer's account and/or pursue other civil remedies. If such violation is a criminal offense, Travail Systems will notify the appropriate law enforcement department of such violation. Travail Systems does not issue service credits for any outages incurred through service disablement resulting from Policy violations. If customers server and or IP range become listed on any email blacklist Travail Systems may, at its sole disgression, provide any relevant contact information about customer to blacklist to assist with removal of IPs from the blacklist. Contact information is limited to Contact Name, Business name, email address, physical address, phone, and fax.
Travail Systems reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of this Policy at any time without notice.
Reporting Network Abuse
Any party seeking to report any violations Travail Systemsí policy may contact via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY - Spamming/Email Marketing
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA may suspend or terminate your account.
Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA Services is designed to help protect Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA, Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA. Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://url_to_AUP_policy.
Prohibited Uses of Travail Systems, Inc/ColocateUSA Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA's servers, is prohibited. Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA-hosted domain, or referencing any Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA network or on another provider's network.
- Using Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA's Services to interfere with the use of the Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA customer will be forwarded to the Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA Acceptable Use Policy occur, Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA's AUP as Travail Systems, Inc/ ColocateUSA deems appropriate, without notice.